Tagged by: Ikebosev ---------------------------------------------------Rules:1. You have to post these rules. 2. Each person has to share 13 things about them.3. Answer the 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 new questions to the people you tag.4. Choose 13 people.5. Go to their page to inform them they are tagged. 6. Not something like "You are tagged if you read that"7. You have to legitimately tag 13 people.8. You can't say that you don't do tags.9. Tag-backs are ALLOWED10. YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS. Unless you're commenting about the actual entry.11. You have to finish this within a week. If not; you'll have to do whatever the creator tells you to. Art, RP, etc. (Oooh art trades? I'm up for that. Or rping, I'd like that as well) 12. Be creative with the title. No "I've Got Tagged" things.13. Cussing is ALLOWED.
-------------------------------------------------13 Facts about me:
1. As a kid I once told my dad my favourite butterfly was the agoprince butterfly. An insect native to South Africa with stunning purple-red wings and the odd ability to fly both very fast and backwards (not at the same time, mind you). The zoo near us had a butterfly garden and also an absolutely massive collection of pinned butterflies with information on the species. My dad looked for the agoprince butterfly there, thinking if I'd seen it anywhere it would be here, but couldn't find it. He looked on the internet as well, and in a bunch of books on insects and the like. He never found the agoprince butterfly. The agoprince butterfly does not exist. My childhood fantasy caused my dad to spend years hunting an imaginary butterfly. No regrets.
2. I'm asexual
3. I've dated three times. Two times with boys I already considered friends, and one time (the first time) with a boy I met on a party. Our first 'date' consisted of running through the city in the middle of the night looking for a group of teenage mental health patients. I gave him my number out of necessity, in case we lost each other as well. We only found one of the patients back. It was a bit of a bummer, really.
4. I hoard plants, it's a problem
5. On my flat (I live in a corridor with 17 others) there's a runing gag that I am a drug dealer and sell people roofies (and also drug them every once in a while to have 'fun' with them) Plot twist: I have never done drugs in my life, I don't even drink alcohol.
6. I’ve once tasted NaOH while working in the lab at my university. It wasn’t nice. Sort of tingly.
7. Untill about a month ago I never ever in my life realized that the bottom part of a windvane doesn't spin with the upper part. I always thought wind vanes were very stupid and illogical.
8. Fucking electic eels man! I don't get them! I mean, I'm a biologist, all right, and I know some physics. But electic eels just make NO SENSE!! Who the fuck is going to waste chemical energy on making electic energy when they live under water! and for what?! A defence meganism? While you could have spikes, poison, poisoned spikes?!?!? Things that don't suck up electric energy?!? I don't fucking know man the mongolian deathworm sounds more likely than this beast. Unicorns sound more likely that this beast. FREAKING DRAGONS MAN!!! LIKE I COULD UNDERSTAND GIANT FLYING REPTILES BUT THIS?!?! ELECTRIC FISH THING!?! wHATTTT!?1/2/1?? I'm convinced they're secretly mythical creatures and wikipedia and South America are just playing a prank on us.
9. I have a goldfish named Porthos who's extremely loud you wouldn't believe it and a pet corn snake named Jordi (short for Jormungandr) who's absolutely precious.
10. I wrote a book when I was thirteen. It's called "Sluwe dieren" (sly animals) and I made like, 100 euros from the royalties (which I considered a lot being a thirteen year old). It's about a fox and a marten having a giant competition to see who's the best dirty cheating liar.
11. Once I went to a second hand bookmarket in a large city near my hometown where they sold books by the kilo (like a freaking fruitshop can you believe that?!?) I bought six kilos of books for like, twenty euros and it was awesome. Afterwards I went to have dinner with a friend who lives there. That night when I was riding the train back home I decided to inform my friends on my succes and send them the message "Hey guys you're never going to guess what I bought today?", to which my one friend I'd aten with that evening and whom I'd shown my sweet loot, replied "I'm going to tell them and ruin the surprise." "It's a GIANT SQUID" And I, of course, replied "damn it Daniël you ruined it!"
But then one other friend who hadn't seen my books yet started typing and asked my "Wow seriously? Like a live one?" And, being a worthy follower of the "dumb question dumber answer" principe, told her; of course it's alive! I'm not going to take a dead animal for a pet that's gross.
Two other friends came online and started asking me questions (yeah, her name is Annika, she's a giant squid but fortunately a baby giant squid so now she's a not so giant giant squid, it for the university, a program to keep the species from going extinct). And they kept asking questions and being very interested and I thought they were messing with me but after a while I realized they actually thought I was serious?!?! And I was messing with them!?!? So at some point I had to come clean about not actually owning a pet giant squid and they got really mad, especially this one girl who'd already told her friends about it via skype and I ended up being so busy apologizing that I missed my station and had to ride the train for an extra hour.
12. In my parents town I have a friend group in where I am the only one who's doing a sciency study (biology). Due to this they always ask me about all the science things, even if it's not biology. Some nice examples being: "Loes how does the sun work?", "How does water evaporate?", "what is venus made of?" and "Loes, what do you call plant armpits?"
13. I own a pelvis bone from a large bird. I found it when I was a kid and throughout my entire childhood (and also highschool) I thought it was a skull. I always found it odd that it had three eye sockets and no room for a brain of any sort, but I never questioned it. Looking back on this as a full fledged biologist I feel nothing but burning, all consuming shame.
-------------------------------------------------Ike's questions:1. I am sure you have more windows open on the pc/browser; what are they about?
Why yes I do, today I have for you: My tumblr dashboard, Tumblr likes page 47, 13 Facts game by Ike on Da, this page (Da), youtube songs (the song beltaine by the band which is also called beltaine) a google search on the translation for marter (dutch>english) and another one for the word "mental health patient" from Dutch. The wikipedia page on electric eels (dirty liars) and RANDOM.ORG, a random number generator. 2. Would you kindly draw a "G" on your head with your finger?
Sure bro3. In which direction did you started drawing that "G"? Clockwise or counter clockwise?
Counterclockwise from my perspective, clockwise from spectators. ((Why is this relevant? Is this a test??))4. Anime or manga?
Hmm neither to be honest. No wait, there's some anime's I like. Never read a manga in my life though. 5. Which gaming consoles do you have?
PSP, playstation 2, a really old gameboy I rented from a friend (Daniël, from the giant squid) with the first pokemon game on it, and my good ol labtop
I also own a pack of cards and a skippy ball, somewhere. 6. Which age did you start drawing?
At what age do ur fingers grow on?7. Tell a joke XD
America 8. What three things would you take to a deserted island?
A boat, a lifetime supply of food and water, and a book on boats and sailing9. What temperature is it there right now?
Yo I can't tell because our garden termometer has been overgrown by some ivy thing but I think it's about 20 C0 (we don't all live in burning hell, dear Ike)10. -Knock knock- -Who's there?-
Oblivion. The void gazes at you from the unhindged door. You stare back, unable to averd your eyes. The swirling, crackling energy, fractals ripping apart probability and logic, leaving chaos in its wake, is the most magnificant thing you have ever had the honour of witnessing. You reach out, it cradles you. You are undone. Atoms and molecules breaking from their set patterns, their steps, in favour of improvisation. Your flesh bursts apart like a disco party. Your bones liquify, your blood crystallizes. Spinning around. You laught, you cry. Your voice is buth wavelength now, your tears are but energy turned mass turned energy. The door is all but forgotten, and so are you. 11. Do you like Eminem?
He's my favourite rapper, but I'm not a great fan of rap, if you catch my drift. 12. What would you prefer to win, an Oscar or a Grammy?
A lifetime supply of pie would be neat.13. ARE YOU READY????
I WAS BORN READY BRING IT ON YA BASTARD!!!!!!!-------------------------------------------------Questions to taggers:
1. If you could pick, what would you rather reincarnate into (and why); a dairy cow or a manatee?
2. If you could actually pick all the way. What or who would you like to reincarnate into?
3. Do you have a spirit animal/totem/animal that represents you in some way and if so, why that specific animal?
4. What's the weirdest object you own? (bought or found, no wait, now about bought AND found. Two weirders objects sil vous plait)
5. What's the weirdest thing you ever ate?
6. Why are you here?
7. Who is Helen?
8. Tell me an inside joke/meme/running gag you have with your friends!
9. What's the first three words that come into your mind right now?
10. If I appeared on your doorstep at random in the middle of the night while a storm rages in the distance and darkness creeps into your house like a peculiar and persisiting type of ivy, what would you do?
11. If you had a backpack with infinite space, what objects would you carry with you at all time?
12. Imagine, you, I and all the other people I tagged are now the 14 man crew of a spaceship about to embark on a yearlong journey through the galaxy. What function would you have on the ship? (mechanic, pilot, etc...)
13. Are you scared? -----------------------------------------------Now I have to tag 13 people:
There's no escaping, lovelies. I've played tag since I was a kid, no one escapes my fingers.
wtf Alka when did you change your username? How did I miss this?
PS: If you don't feel like doing all of this please do answer the questions in a comment
I am curious! (and I won't hold rule 11 against you if you do)